Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mei-Mei

Today is a beautiful spring day. I can start imagining summer again. This has been such a long winter! It's a bit early, but here is a warm poem for a summer evening. Mei-mei literally means "younger sister" but can also be used for a lover.

Mei-Mei

Mei-mei, what follows is autumn
Sleep with closed lips, and tenderness

Tender is your scarf, to and fro, in the breeze
What follows is the palm of my hand - warm and full of memory

Not you, it's a garden that I am watering
Mei-mei, a safe place is spacious
On those delicate petals, what follows is
A silent, fleeting message

Moon, weather, windows lightly open
Clear bright lake
Close your eyes, Mei-mei
What follows is
a gentle rainfall
And my feelings hurt suddenly by the leaves.

-Zheng Danyi

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem. I love his Wings of Summer.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say: