Saturday, July 25, 2009

take good care of yourself



We're in the part of summer when every July breeze seems to whisper of holidays at the coast. The heat quivers up from the ground and the days are almost without nights.

I struggle to find quiet during this time of year. People's general attitude seems to say, "I do my thing, you do your thing; I'm not here in the world to live up to your expectations... You are you, and I am me, and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful; if not, it cannot be helped."

I dislike this. We're not separate, dumbshit. Open up your heart a little. At the least, I want you to take care of yourself, because if you take good care of yourself, I'll suffer less. I want you to cultivate the flower in you so that I will be beautiful and I will transform the garbage in me so that you don't have to suffer.

Also, it will stop both of us from arguing outside the windows at night when we've had too much to drink.

Photo via Open Your Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say: