Saturday, December 19, 2009

the things you tame



The fox fell silent and stared at the little prince for a long while, "Please... tame me! he said.
"I'd like to," the little prince replied, "but I haven't much time. I have friends to find and so many things to learn."
"The only things you learn are the things you tame," said the fox."People haven't time to learn anything. They buy things ready-made in stores. But since there are no stores where you can buy friends, people no longer have friends. If you want a friend, tame me!"
"What do I have to do?" asked the little prince.
"You have to be very patient," the fox answered. "First, you'll sit down a little ways from me, over there, in the grass. I'll watch you out of the corner of my eye, and you won't say anything. Language is the source of misunderstandings. But day by day you'll be able to sit a little closer..."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery The Little Prince

Image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say: