Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mei-mei



Mei-mei,what follows is autumn
Sleep with closed lips, and tenderness

Tender is your scarf, to and fro, in the breeze
What follows is
The palm of my hand - warm and full of memory

Not you, it's a garden that I am watering
Mei-mei, a safe place is spacious
On those delicate petals, what follows is
A silent, fleeting message

Moon, weather, windows lightly open
Clear bright lake
Close your eyes, Mei-mei
What follows is
A gentle rainfall
And my feelings hurt suddenly by the leaves

-Zheng Danyi
translated by Luo Hui

You'll have to forgive me, dear reader, I've been surviving on poetry this week. I'll write something more personal and creative soon. Usually my choice of poems is a personal thing, but I'm not sure that really counts as creativity. I should mention that today is Thursday, and that means its time to get your poem on over at Read Write Poem.

Image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say: